Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Aug30th - Aboriginal Face-001




Today I am sticking to my plan to switch over my daily sketches to conventional media. I've grown very comfortable using digital painting over the last few years and I have actually forgotten a bit about painting with real paints. So I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and for a while at least I will be posting actual drawings done with pencils or ink and paintings done with paint. One of the first things I notice about the difference between sketching digitally and sketching with conventional drawing materials is that I've sort of gotten rusty calculating the correct values and colors as I mix paint. Both paintings I worked on yesterday (the wild pink bridge) and today (the aboriginal face) have value and chroma problems. As I continue with my daily sketches hopefully those issues will fade away as I get more comfortable with the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment